Greetings Camp Saint Sava Families!
With great pleasure and excitement, we announce that our new registration system is now ready to accept your applications for the 2017 summer camp season!
The dates for the Western American Diocese summer camp are as follows:
Week One: Sunday July 9 – Saturday July 15, 2017
Week Two: Sunday July 16 – Saturday July 22, 2017
Week Three: Sunday July 23 – Saturday July 29, 2017
“Culture Camp” sponsored by the Saint Sava Mission Foundation will take place from Sunday July 2, to Saturday July 8, 2017.
Don’t worry, the Camp St. Sava website remains: www.campstsava.org.
There are registration links for both the Diocesan Camp and Culture Camp found once you click the register button. Please be sure to tell your friends and family!
The new system is maintained by Active Networks a software company providing registration software for camps across the country. However, it has been extensively customized for us and offers many new features, including:
1. Camper and staff data will be retained from year to year;
2. Most forms may be signed electronically; and
3. Payments may be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards. We encourage you to take advantage of these options as it greatly speeds and simplifies registration. The system also allows for installment payments with automatic email reminders.
It is very important to note that upon registration you will need to complete two important steps:
1. Download the medical form, have it completed by your doctor, then scan or take a picture of it so that you can upload it;
2. This year we are requiring all parents to take a photograph of their children and attach them in the registration system. With the growing number of campers, security is our top priority.
We are also very pleased to announce that both the Western American Diocese and the St. Sava Mission Foundation have embraced the new registration system simultaneously, so you can register for any of the camp weeks offered at the same time.
Both camp administrations have also agreed to a new pricing structure for both camps. For the last five years, the price of a week’s stay at camp has only been raised a total of $50.00. During that same time, many new features and benefits were added to our programs.
Over the next three years, we will gradually put our new price structure into place. This year we will add $60 over last year’s cost. In both 2018 and 2019, we will raise our rates again by $30.00 each year. Given the value of our program, we trust that everyone will understand and accept our decision. Please note, scholarships are still available to families in need of help.
We all look forward to another great camp season filled to capacity with campers and volunteers during all four weeks of July at Camp St. Sava in Jackson.
Yours in Christ,
The Camp St. Sava Committee