Dear Parishioners and Friends,
I hope and pray that you and your families are doing well this Lenten season.
I am reaching out to all of you today with words of understanding, compassion and fatherly love reminding you about the importance of the Great and Holy Lent.
I recognize modern family’s activities as I have three children of different ages that inevitably translates into daily activities from 6am well into 9pm each day. But, our Mother Church lovingly calls upon us to constantly reevaluate those activities in the light of that “one thing needful”, i.e. our salvation in Christ our Lord, God’s Eternal Kingdom. For what profit will we gain if we fail to work on our own salvation, if we fail to gain that which is the most important in this life?
Please, continue reading these words below and take them to heart.
This Lenten season is a favorable time:
- For our spiritual growth.
- For reevaluating our priorities, by placing God and family at the top.
- For our preparation for the celebration of the Lord’s resurrection.
- For intensifying our prayer, almsgiving, and fasting.
- For improving our relationship with our family members.
- For frequent participation in the church services.
- For preparing ourselves for the sacrament of Confession.
- For deep reflection and preparation for participation in Holy Communion.
- For making a firm decision for getting more involved in parish ministries.
- For improving our spiritual, relational, physical and intellectual endeavors.
As always, please, feel free to reach out to me at any time, email@example.com, (o) 619-276-5827, (c) 619-316-2362.
With all of my love in Christ our Lord,
Fr. Bratso Krsic